We are always here to help you and make you look better. Here are 25 short and to the point ways to get the most out of yourself and look better in photos. Your big day is almost here. And that means that pretty soon someone is going to be snapping a ton of pictures of you two. Are you prepared...read on and this may help.
Just Be You on the day...
1. Just be Yourself... Really don’t try to look or be anything other than yourself. If you are self conscious about a certain things, it will most likely come out in the photography. Just be your and think positive. There you go the rest is a cake walk.
2. Chill lax... We’re often our worst critics when it comes to photo or video. Remember that you want to be seen the way others see you too. I know you want flattering photos, you want to make sure that it still looks like you in the pictures. So just relax and have fun.
3. Laugh... It’s flattering on everyone.Tell a joke,think of something funny,just have fun.
4. Think about the moment your in.... Capturing the feeling of the day, the emotion, excitement & intimacy is what it’s all about. Don’t look at your photographer, look at your man and savor everything around you. Your photographs will be beautiful & real.
5. Forget the camera is there... try your best to be playful and warm and look past the camera like it's not there.
6. Do an engagement session... This is so good for couple & photographer. The couple have an opportunity to relax and be in front of the camera and the photographer can get to know his or there couple .
7. Practice looking in the mirror... Look at yourself. Study your face and body in the mirror and judge yourself and then work at showing off your best parts.
8. Be comfortable in your skin... For both engagement and portrait shoots, wear clothing that is flattering, but comfortable as well. If your 5 inch stilettos are hurting your feet, it will show in your face,if you feel good,you look good and that will show. Trust me.
9. Keep makeup and eyelashes normal and classic... Don't over do it and do a makeup test run, so you know how you look before the wedding.
10. Mind the lens. Try to not allow one part of your body get closer to the lens as this will make that part appear bigger than the rest of your body.
11. Strike the pose... To make your neck look more elongated, drop your shoulders down and raise your chin up . Imagine that you are being pulled up by a string from the top of your head.
12. No bad hair days... If you are prone to have flyaways or random frizzies with your hair, have a toothbrush with hairspray at the ready (bridesmaid can carry it) One squirt and swoop will keep most frizzies and help your hair look super smooth for photos.
13. Have white chalk or baby powder handy... White chalk or baby powder helps hides stains on white wedding gowns. If you are worried about grass stains, general dirt or in case there is a spill on your wedding day, make sure to have some with you. It works in a jiffy and no one will know but you. Your dress will get a little dusty, don't stress, just focus on the positive.
15. If your not Ms. Banks... To help you look thinner, keep your shoulder to the camera and avoid facing the camera straight on. You can also hide behind the groom a bit or tuck into his armpit to slim yourself down.
16. Don’t look down. To stop a double chin, have your photographer shoot from above the eye level. Tilt the head a little sideways to hide the chin and have your photographer avoid shooting from the side to much.
17. Show them attitude.... Most brides feel insecure about her bare arms in a strapless wedding dress. To fix it... Instead of the arm laying flat against the torso and making it look wider, just toss the hand on the hip. It will make the arm much more toned looking.
18. Angle yourself... Balance your weight on your back foot and cross the other foot in front of the other in a T fashion. Pop a hip out towards the camera but at an angle. This is always slimming, especially when used with hands on the hips.
19. Natural light is your best friend... Getting ready in a room with big windows with soft makes for great pictures. Not only is the light beautiful, it is also flattering and makes your skin look amazing and soft .
20. Make sure your reception is well lit... The best wedding receptions seen in magazines have lighting covering the dance floor and on the cakes and table arrangements. Think about hiring a lighting company to light your reception or ask the venue/band/DJ to light your reception for you. The pictures will be amazing and you won’t regret it!
21. Don’t let it get dark during dancing... DJs & bands love a dark dance floor to entice people to get loose and no one can see how many people are up there . Photographers, of course, want this too and want to get fun dance shots of the crowd, but we need a little light to focus on people. Ask the venue ahead of time not to turn down the lights entirely. Also, during your first dance, have spotlights on you, people want to see you and nothing worse than you two fading into the back ground.
22. Use spotlights... If you are planning a candlelight ceremony,make sure to have a spotlight shining on the area where you will be standing and saying your vows.
23. Stop the squinty look... If the sun is really bright, close your eyes and ask your photographer to let you know when they is going to take the photos . Open them when they tells you and that will eliminate the squinty look. Use the 1 2 3 method.This also works if you typically wear glasses and do not want to wear them for portraits.
24. Baby Love yourself... After shooting hundreds of brides I can tell you that every bride is beautiful on this day, regardless if they think of themselves plain or normal, overweight etc. The transformation is always astounding. Accept it, believe it and be confident and it will show.Trust me.
25. Most of all be happy... Happiness is beauty and beauty come from within.
Hope these tips helped, let us know and please feel free to pass them onCheers Peter and bELLE team.